12 Posts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 726
  • stats Total Posts: 523
  • stats Total Topics: 276
  • stats Total Categories: 6
  • stats Total Boards: 19
  • stats Most Online: 181

Author Topic: Thrive Keyboard Dock?  (Read 3277 times)

foxinthefire

• View Profile
Thrive Keyboard Dock?
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:02:18 am »

Can anyone confirm, from a reputable source, that a keyboard dock is actually coming? I keep hearing rumors, but can't find a definite yes. All I've seen so far is the Toshiba bluetooth keyboard that's coming out to go along with the Thrive.

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards
Re: Thrive Keyboard Dock?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:04:23 am »
Well until we actually see it in the flesh I guess we won't really know for sure if Toshiba will have a bonafide keyboard dock.  Since the Thrive has full size ports for usb, sdcard and hdmi, using the bluetooth keyboard is probably all that is necessary for most uses.  I haven't actually heard an announcement for a keyboard dock...just the standard dock and the multi-dock, neither has a keyboard.  If we hear of one specifically we'll be sure to post it here.

Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
Does anyone know if they plan to make one or better yet if there is any word as to a date one will be released? I was thinking about getting something like this Amazon.com: 10.2" Synthetic Leather Case with Keyboard and Stylus Pen for ePad and aPad (Black): Electronics
for the mean time but i don't like the idea of having to take the tablet out and put it back repeatedly for when i want to have a keyboard. I like using it with out the keyboard most of the time since i do more reading and viewing than typing.
I am also not sure if this is even compatible or not...any suggestions or info?

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • iPad Boards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »
I wouldn't hold my breath on a keyboard dock at this point.  Toshiba is actually about to release the 'Excite' tablet and perhaps others.  You'll have to take your chances with a 3rd party one or just use the bluetooth keyboard.

Waterbeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:18:00 pm »
While i know its not a dock, my wife has been using a Logitech Android 3.0 keyboard with her Thrive and its pretty awesome, i find myself using it a bit more than i probably should.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:46:23 pm by admin »